Sunday, October 26, 2008

Memories from North Wauchula Elementary


As many of you know, back in another life, I taught kindergarten at North Wauchula Elementary for many years. It seems that I always had the most interesting and imaginative five years olds. Now, they are all grown up, and many of them are teachers themselves. When I see them around town, I see that little round smiling face that I loved so much. Today as I was sitting in church I looked over and saw one of my favorite kindergarteners sitting with his precious family. I smiled to myself as I thought of the day that he came into the classroom and announced that he could read. We had been learning letters and sounds and I was excited to see how he had merged those mysterious letters together to form a word. He looked up at the EXIT sign that led to the bus loading area. He very carefully spelled E-X-I-T and proclaimed "It says, Open the door and go out." Shop for Melissa and Doug learning toys at http://www.shopjellybeans.com/ to get your little preschooler started on the right foot.

No comments: